RESTORING AND PRESERVING ANTIQUE FURNITURE
Veneers – Marquetry – French polish
Trained at the Château d’Aulteribe, Julien HEBRAS works to restore antique furniture from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. Ever since he was a boy he has been passionate about wood, bringing pieces of wood back from each holiday as a souvenir. Over the years, his passion has blossomed and led him to complete a number of specialist diplomas including a CAP/BAC in Carpentry, a CAP in Marquetry, a CAP in Wood Turning and finally a BTMS in Fine Furniture Restoration. Over the course of these studies, Julien joined Atelier Lemaire (founded in 1983) as an apprentice and has never looked back. He became an employee in 2002 and purchased the company on the 1st of September 2015.
This takeover came with the full support and backing of his former mentor, Mr Lemaire, who trained Julien for 13 years before handing him the keys to take charge and become his own master.
The Atelier specialises in wood, mother-of-pearl, ivory, shell and brass marquetry. Its work is based on the principle of reversibility, and uses traditional techniques which respect the resources available to the craftsmen working over the centuries.
The Atelier Lemaire is proud to propose services including:
• furniture restoration
• property marking
• secure hanging systems
• sawing wood and ivory veneers
THE HISTORY OF ATELIER LEMAIRE
• Atelier Lemaire was founded by Mr LEMAIRE in 1983, who recruited Stephane in 1991 as the company grew from strength to strength. Every year, a number of interns and apprentices come to renew and enrich the team working in the atelier.
• In 2002, Julien HEBRAS joined the team following a work-study programme, bringing with him the skills and expertise he learned during his studies.
• In 2007, the atelier moved to a larger property in St Cyr sur Loire, enabling them to better serve their clientele. For more than a decade, Mr LEMAIRE and Julien worked together to grow the company and pave the way for Julien to take the reins.
• On the 1st of September 2015, Julien realised his dream and purchased Atelier LEMAIRE.
• September 2015 saw Daphné, a furniture restorer, join the team.